Maintaining My Short Cut
For years I've bounced between long flowy tresses and edgy short cuts. I have always taken pride in being able to wear both. With the summer heat, it was a no brainer that short hair was the way to go. Seeing stars like Nia Long, Halle Berry and, Rihanna (Pre- Loud Album)- influenced me to go short. To save money on salon visits, I have mastered washing, wrapping, and styling my own hair. This post intends to walk you through my regimen while listing some of my favorite products:
- I co-wash (wash with conditioner) my hair once a week with Organics Root Stimulator's Replenishing Conditioner
- I give myself a full wash every two weeks using Organics Root Stimulator's Shampoo & Replenishing Conditioner (Deep Conditioning Once a month)
- To wrap & set my hair I use Dudley Q's styling foam & Famis Wrapp-It, Jr. Styling Strips to hold my hair in place for drying
- I use a semi-permanent color by Clairol' Professional Beautiful Collection (B22D Jet Black)
- I give my self a partial relaxer (edges only)- inbetween salon visits. I use Organics Root Stimulator's Relaxer (Normal Strength)
- I keep my hair moisturized by using Moroccan Oil (it's magic!!) -- I use this product faithfully.