Understanding Virgin Remi Extensions
The growth in popularity of Virgin Remi hair extensions has been prompted by the ability to buy hair that has never been processed. Unlike beauty supply store (BSS) extensions, virgin extensions are also said to come from one donor. The term "remi" or "remy" is associated with hair that has been remitted in religious temples. Virgin Hair is retrieved from women who practice Tonsure:
Tonsure is the practice of some Christian churches, mystics, Buddhist novices and monks, and some Hindu temples of cutting the hair from the scalp of clerics, devotees, or holy people as a symbol of their renunciation of worldly fashion and esteem. via Wikipedia
What are some pros of buying Virgin Extensions?
- The hair comes from one donor and all cuticles are aligned so tangling in minimal
- The hair is unprocessed. No damaging chemicals have been used to fabricate or distort the hair's natural texture
- The hair's overall quality is much better and is easily blended with your own hair.
Most BSS or human hair extensions are processed and coated in order to keep the hair straight or add color. When buying hair extensions, how can you be sure they have never been processed?
- By soaking your extensions in a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and warm water, any discoloration in the solution may hint towards processing of the hair.
- Virgin Remy hair is generally tangle free. After washing and maintaining your hair for more than a month, you should be able to decipher its quality. If it loses its luster or becomes tangled it has probably been processed.
Finding great hair is not easy, but when you find one supplier that you love stick with it! With the growth of the hair industry, it can be hard to trust just one company. Do your research! When purchasing these pricy extensions, pictures are not enough. Check reviews and see what others have to say about the hair.