Stylist Spotlight: Phoenix
Salon: Crystal Lyon Salon Studios / Freelance company: Cocoon LLC
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
When did you begin styling hair?
- I have been styling hair since I was around 15, but I began the licensing process in 2009.
What influenced you to become a hair stylist?
- Honestly I had the hardest time finding a stylist that I could trust to take care of my hair and execute all of my ever changing style desires. When I realized I could do it myself, I knew I had to take the necessary steps in hopes that I could be that solution for others facing similar problems.
What are some protective styling techniques you offer for natural or processed hair?
- I recommend sew-ins, Malaysian sew-ins, the Mekani weave technique, quick weaves (on cap), sticker extensions, clip-ins and lace wigs on healthy hair according to texture with proper maintenance and wear time frames observed.
Which of the techniques that you offer is your favorite? Why?
- Right now I really love the sticker extension method because of its degree of invisibility and the versatility allowed in styling as well as the minimal amount of stress inflicted to the natural hair. However, like every other technique, it is not for everybody.
What is your go-to hair product?
- Joico Design Humidity Blocker spray is an absolute MUST to battle the Louisiana weather
What product do you suggest for protection against heat?
- Kenra Blow Dry Spray. Not only does it serve as a thermal protectant, but it also provides humidity defense, decreases dry time, fights frizz, and smoothes the cuticle shaft, providing shine and softness. Best of all, it’s shampoo soluable not water soluable, so its effects last until you wash it out.
What are three suggestions you would give to women about achieving healthy hair?
- Get your ends trimmed professionally every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Keep your hair and scalp clean and well moisturized; condition, condition, condition.
- Love your hair even in your sleep, wrap the hair with satin and sleep on satin to avoid causing tangling and damage.
How can you be reached?
- By toll free number: 888.501.9508
- By email: email@example.com
- By website: www.cocoonbyphoenix.com